Over the next couple of weeks I want to share a few of my favorite things from each of the 4 Walt Disney World parks. Honestly, I can never answer “What’s your favorite _______” because I truly love all of it and it’s so incredibly hard to decide.
In honor of it’s birthday yesterday, let’s start with Animal Kingdom! Animal Kingdom, aka DAK, will always hold a special place in my heart. Tbh it’s too underrated and I’ll forever love this park. There’s something so unique and special about this park, plus one of my work locations as a Cast Member was at the neighboring Animal Kingdom Lodge (DAKL, I’ll love you forever).
There are so many things to love, but I’ll try to narrow it down as much as possible.
• Flight of Passage in Pandora (There is no thrill like flying in the back on a Banshee.)
• Expedition Everest in Asia (I could ride this all day, and my personal record is 15 times in one day.)
• Dinosaur in Dinoland (Dinoland is underrated and you can’t change my mind. This is one of my favorite rides and I may or may not have the entire pre-show and ride script memorized. *Fun Fact: If you take time to look around as you exit the video room and enter the load platform there are three colored pipes running across the walls. Each pipe displays the chemical formula for mustard, ketchup, and mayonnaise.)
Character Meet n Greet:
• Timon (Timon is a blast and he tends to roam wherever he pleases.)
• Safari Mickey & Minnie (Not only are they absolutely adorable in their safari gear, but they are inside and have air conditioning which can be a nice break from the crazy Central Florida weather.)
• Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu on Pandora (I have to limit myself because I would drink 12 of these a day if I didn’t stop myself. Just trust me, they’re fantastic and worth all the hype.)
• Elephant Apple from Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery in Africa (If you know me at all you know I’m completely in love with Elephants, so this Apple just makes me really happy.)
• Falafel from Mr. Kamal’s in Asia (I’m a huge falafel fan and this is some of the best I’ve had in the States.)
• Satuli Canteen (My favorite is the Grilled Chicken Bowl – I only get the chicken because I love the flavor it gives to the rest bowl, but because I can’t eat meat I take the chicken off.)
• Restaurantosaurus (I love their Veggie Burger – maybe it’s the overwhelming heat that is Animal Kingdom plus I’m usually starving by this point, but these veggie burgers are the best on property in my opinion.)
• Festival of the Lion King (I mean, this needs not explanation of why it’s a favorite. I may or may not also have this entire show memorized because I’ve seen it so much.)
• Tree of Life Nighttime Awakening (This is a semi-new feature since the park has become a “nighttime park”. Watching the iconic symbol come to life and show off after the sun goes down is one of my favorite things to do.)
• Di’Vine (She is can be found as you walk the pathways after scanning into the park. Look closely because you might miss her. She is beautiful and worth the lookout.)
Oldie Goldie I Miss:
• African Drummers and Dancers (Due to entertainment cutbacks these performers were cut in October 2019. Africa will never be the same without hearing the pounding of the drums as you cross over the bridge.)
Drop a comment below and let me know what your DAK favorites are. Do we share a favorite? Did I miss yours?
Here’s to spreading a little pixie dust until we can all return. Until then, stay safe and I’ll “See You Real Soon”!