As of yesterday, May 20th, Disney Springs has officially reopened. A small bit of normalcy is returning. If you are planning to visit Disney Springs in the coming days, there are some things you should know before you go: Important Disney Springs Reopening Information
Be informed and follow the guidelines set in place so we can continue on this path to fully returning to the magic.
This place has a special place in my heart because I had the honor of working there the day it officially became Disney Springs. Downtown Disney still slips out quite often, but I love this chaotic place. It has definitely received a huge upgrade over the past several years.
If you’re not familiar with the Springs just think of it as Disney’s version of the outlets – at least that’s how I describe it. You can find fabulous restaurants, fun shops, and wonderful entertainment. When I lived in Orlando I was 10 minutes away so I loved popping over to grab some food and watch a movie on a regular basis.
Today, I want to highlight a few of my favorite things about Disney Springs.
• Earl of Sandwich – My all-time favorite restaurant at the Springs. I’m always down for a good sandwich and there is just something extra special about these.
• Wolfgang Puck Express – I prefer the express of this restaurant rather than the full-service one on the other side of the property. I love their food and it’s usually pretty quieter than most of the restaurants.
• Paradiso 37 – This restaurant is inspired by street food of the America’s. The food is great. The atmosphere is a blast at night. It overlooks the water and has great views. This is just a fun restaurant.
• Sprinkles – I mean, come on who doesn’t love cupcakes? You haven’t lived until you’ve experienced a Cupcake ATM!
• Coca Cola Rooftop Beverage Bar – Great view. Great drinks. Not much else to say about the cool place.
• Erin Mckenna’s Bakery – An allergen’s dream come true! Delicious bakery items that you can feel good about. You don’t have to sacrifice yummy taste for your health.
• Days of Christmas – If you know me, you know I’m a nut about Christmas. I love this store so much because it’s Christmas every day, all year long. This store also holds a special place in my heart because I got to work here for a little while and their costume is one of the cutest!
• Lilly Pulitzer – What Southern girl doesn’t love a good Lilly store? If you’re not familiar, check it out!
• Sugarboo & Co. – I could spend all day in this store looking at every single thing. I originally fell in love with this store because they have an Elephant on their logo (logic, right? haha)
• Basin – I could spend hours in here just smelling all the smells. Take a step in and your mood automatically lifts. I highly recommend their bath bombs.
• AMC Theater 24 – I’m a movie buff. I absolutely love movies. The AMC A-List releasing when I lived 5 minutes from this theater was both the best and worst thing to happen to my life. This theater is fun because one side of it is dine-in so you can order food like you’re at a restaurant while you’re in the movie theater. This is not particularly a “Disney” thing, but is where I spend 85% of my time when I’m at the Springs.
• Amphicars – I’ve never done these and I want to! Amphicars are a unique car you can drive in water. At Disney Springs, you can take a guided tour around the Sassagoula River.
• Characters in Flight – Disney’s spin on a hot air balloon. Take flight over the Springs to get an aerial view of the property.
• Ghirardelli Free Chocolate – If you go into the Ghirardelli shop at Disney Springs you will get a free piece of chocolate. Who doesn’t love free stuff, especially free chocolate!?
If you are planning to visit Disney Springs during this reopening phase, remember to follow the guidelines, stay safe, and be smart. In order for this to be a success and move us forward, all guests must be patient and cooperative. Be nice and gracious to the Cast Members! They’ve missed making magic for you and are doing their best under the new circumstances.