It’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years…
10 years since I was 15. Sitting here at 25, I honestly don’t think my 15-year old self would believe where we’re at 10 years down the road and a whole lot of life later. Here are 20 things I’d tell myself at 15 if I’d had the foresight and wisdom.
- YOU DON’T HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, and you don’t need them.
- Stand up for yourself.
- Get rid of the toxic people, YESTERDAY – no, really, I know you’re stubborn but listen to this carefully.
- No one will ever love you more than your Creator.
- Geographical locations won’t limit the love you’ll find.
- Fight for your dreams and calling everyday.
- School is not the most important thing in your life, no one cares if your GPA was perfect as an adult.
- Stop holding on to people who are not meant to stay forever.
- Don’t apologize for you who are.
- You don’t need to be who they’re telling you to be.
- Life won’t look anything like you’ve planned or imagined, but it will still be beautiful.
- Educate yourself and never stop learning.
- Being spontaneous may be the best thing that ever happens to your overly structured self.
- Know what you believe and never back down.
- Take time to spend with your loved ones no matter how crazy life gets.
- You were made this way for a reason.
- Stop trying to explain yourself – they don’t have to understand, let alone need to understand.
- Sometimes you’ll have to drop everything to be present with your people, these moments matter more than you’ll know.
- Not everyone is like you, and that’s what makes this world beautiful – find ways to love them in their differences.
- Never give up.
We can never go back, but it can be nice to look back over the years and see how far you’ve come, how much life has changed, and how constant God is through every stage of life.
What are some things you would tell your 15 year old self if given the chance?